24TH ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND 2013 EDITION
Seeking positive, highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates for Scholarship!!!
The SHINKI-KAI Scholarship Fund was established to assist talented students who can contribute to improve the Japan - Canada relationship through friendship and understanding. The scholarship is open to all Canadian and International students in any field of study who meet the eligibility criteria.
24th Annual SHINKI-KAI Scholarship Fund - 2013 Edition
VALUE: $1,000~$2,000(One to two thousand dollars) per recipient
Total Allowance is $8,000
24th SHINKI-KAI FUND SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Mr. Nobuo Iromoto, Scholarship Committee Chair
Mr. James Matsumoto, SHINKI-KAI President
Mr. Masanao Miyashita
Mr. Tak Ichiki
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, November 26, 2013
To be eligible, the applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in a technical school, college, university or recognized institution on a full-time basis (Graduate or Undergraduate).
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of their program and also be eligible to continue with their program next year.
- Applicants must submit all the following documents by the deadline date November 26th, 2013 to be considered for this scholarship:
- Fully completed SHINKI-KAI Application Form [ PDF ]
- Current resume with cover letter (including volunteer work)
- Most recent official school transcripts (at the student's expense)
- Two letters of recommendation addressing why the applicant should receive this scholarship.One of the recommendation letters must be academic and the other must be non-academic.
- Compact and clear essay addressing: "MY DREAM OF HOW I PLAN TO CONTRIBUTE AND IMPROVE CANADA - JAPAN FRIENDSHIP AND UNDERSTANDING" in Japanese or English.
- All successful applicants who are contacted for the interview round must be able to attend the interview to be held in Toronto on Sunday, December 8, 2013
- All successful scholarship recipients must be able to attend the Scholarship Award Ceremony, to be held in Toronto, on Saturday, January 11, 2014 [** TIME/VENUE: TBA] to receive the Shinki-kai Scholarship. A brief presentation (speech or performance) may be required from the scholarship recipient during the Award Ceremony
- Past SHINKI-KAI scholarship's recipients can not re-apply to this scholarship.
- Application accepted by E-mail only.
- Documents will not be returned to the applicant.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
SEND YOUR DOCUMENTS:
Send your complete documents to: email@example.com
The Subject line of an E-mil should be "RE: SHINKI-KAI SCHOLARSHIP 2013 - your last name"
Scholarship Inquiries: please contact us through E-MAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday, November 26th, 2013: Application Deadline
- Monday, December 2nd, 2013: Interview Notification
Only applicants selected for the interview round will be notified.
- Sunday, December 8th, 2013: Interview Date
The interviews will be held in Toronto and will be conducted in Japanese or English only
- Friday, December 13th, 2013: Scholarship Recipients Announcement
Only successful scholarship recipients will be notified.
- Saturday, January 11th, 2014: Scholarship Award Ceremony in Toronto. Scholarships will be awarded to successful candidates during the Scholarship Award Ceremony. [** TIME/VENUE : TBA]
Scholarship recipients agree to have their name and photo, as well as their profile and success stories published in the news media, Shinki-kai newsletter and website.